Minimalism Is Not About Deprivation

It's about deliberation.


For instance, I have more books than almost anyone I know. Does being a minimalist mean I have to get rid of my wonderful book collection that I love so dearly? No. If they give me a lot of purpose and joy and I'm being very deliberate in my terms of keeping them, then I keep them.

To be a minimalist, you have to find a middle-ground. A minimalist lifestyle is about having enough. Not too much to overwhelm, distract, and become wasteful, but just enough to ensure happiness and satisfy needs. My minimalist lifestyle will be very different from someone else's because we have different needs, wants, and values. There is no "one size fits all" minimalist lifestyle, and everyone's journey will be a little different.

Continue To Inspire,
Amanda ♥

Comments

Popular Posts