On Accepting Reality

"I can't spend my whole life dreaming, though I know that's all I seem inclined to do." 

This morning, I found it difficult to wake up from a dream. It was an exceptionally good and vivid dream that kept me thinking back on it with a melancholy, bittersweet feeling for the rest of the day. Nothing smacks you in the face with cold reality like a good dream. No matter how hard I try, it seems I am only inclined to dream, and that dream will never make it to reality. On one hand, dreaming allows you to shoot for more and accomplish more than your logical mind would allow. I think anyone who is going to create something brilliant is going to waste time on dreaming. But on the other hand, it makes reality seem so much worse, and by escaping into that dreamscape, we detach ourselves and become absent, never truly being in the moment. I plan to write a future post about how we can begin to accept reality. But for now, goodnight, Lovely. I'll see you in the morning.

Just some pre-bedtime thoughts,
Amanda ♥

Comments

Popular Posts